Update: October 6, 2020
Earned Awards Extension
1. Which members are eligible to have their earned awards extended?
All members (base and elite) on a global basis will have their qualifying unused, expiring awards extended.
2. Which awards will be extended?
Awards with 2020 Expiration: All unused Free Night, Suite Upgrade or Club Lounge Access awards with expiration dates between March 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will be extended to December 31, 2021.
Awards with 2021 Expiration: All unused Suite Upgrade and Club Lounge Access awards with February 28, 2021 expiration dates will be extended to December 31, 2021. In addition, all unused Free Night awards that were earned in 2020 with 2021 expiration dates will be extended to December 31, 2021.
3. Are there any awards that will not be extended?
Healthcare Heroes Free Night awards that were gifted to frontline workers at NYC Health + Hospitals / Elmhurst will maintain their original June 30, 2021 expiration date.
4. How will the award expiration date extension be facilitated?
The award extension will be generated by World of Hyatt – members do not need to take action. Qualifying unused Club Lounge Access and Suite Upgrade awards that expire February 2021 and promotional Free Night awards issued in 2020 with expiration date before December 31, 2021 will be replaced with a new award beginning November 20, 2020. All other qualifying, unused awards will be updated by the 20th day of the month in which the award would have originally expired.
Elite Status Extension
1. Which members are eligible to receive a special elite status extension?
Status and benefits have been extended for all current elite members on a global basis without having to re-qualify. This means that whatever a member’s status was as of March 31, 2020 – whether Discoverist, Explorist or Globalist – it has been automatically updated to reflect a February 28, 2022 expiration date.
2. How and when will these elite status extensions be facilitated?
The status extensions have been generated automatically by World of Hyatt – members do not need to take any action. All elite tier extensions should now be reflected in members’ accounts.
3. Will members be granted their tier status from February 2020?
No, status was extended based on status as of March 31, 2020, which reflects activity through all of 2019.
4. What should members do if they believe they are eligible but don’t see updated status reflected in their accounts?
If a member does not see the extended elite tier status in his or her account, he or she can reach out to the nearest Global Contact Center using the following details.
- Country specific phone numbers and email addresses can be found here
- Or, members can contact World of Hyatt through WeChat (WeChat ID: HyattHotels).
Postponing Award Chart Changes
1. When will the changes to the award chart become effective?
Effective 8:00am CT, October 29, 2020, World of Hyatt will adjust the award categories for the 12 hotels moving down in category. The hotels moving up in category will not be adjusted until mid-March, with more details to be shared at a later date.
2. What are the current point redemption values for standard night free night award category?
Category 1 = 5,000 World of Hyatt points
Category 2 = 8,000 World of Hyatt points
Category 3 = 12,000 World of Hyatt points
Category 4 = 15,000 World of Hyatt points
Category 5 = 20,000 World of Hyatt points
Category 6 = 25,000 World of Hyatt points
Category 7 = 30,000 World of Hyatt points
Category 8 = 40,000 World of Hyatt points
3. For free night award redemption reservations made before 8:00am CT, October 29, 2020, which award chart will be effective?
All free night award redemptions booked before 8:00am CT, October 29, 2020, will follow the current Award Chart. For example, if you book an award night prior to 8:00am CT, October 29, 2020, for a stay that occurs on October 29 or after, the booking will be at the current Award Chart. However, if that booking was at a property that is shifting to a lower category that requires fewer points, the difference in points will be returned to the member. Any free night award redemptions booked at 8:00am CT, October 29, 2020 or after, will follow the new Award Chart.
4. How will award nights booked prior to 8:00am CT, October 29, 2020, be impacted if the hotel I am staying at now requires fewer points?
Any Free Night or Points & Cash Award booked prior to 8:00am CT, October 29, 2020, for nights on or after October 29, 2020, at a property that is shifting to a lower category and will require fewer points will be adjusted to the new, lower category and the difference in points will be returned to the member.
5. How will award nights booked prior to mid-March, be impacted if the hotel I am staying at requires more points?
Any Free Night Award booked prior to mid-March, at a property that is shifting to a higher category and will require more points will not be affected. Reservations will remain in place at the originally booked point level. For example, a Free Night Award booked at a Category 1 hotel for 5,000 points before mid-March, that is moving to a Category 2 hotel for 8,000 points will remain at 5,000 points.
6. Starting at 8:00am CT, October 29, 2020, how will modifications to existing reservations be handled?
Any modifications made to reservations on or after 8:00am CT, October 29, 2020, will follow the terms of the new Award Chart.